Your Sports Leader Search, Our Commitment
Witt/Kieffer's Sports Leadership practice recruits truly exceptional executives. We have a proven track record in the sports community with many success stories to share.
We get to know each organization we partner with – its hopes, mission, culture, stakeholders, and strategic needs – and tailor our search process accordingly. We work with you and for you. Our search process is aggressive yet comprehensive. And we work with the utmost integrity and respect for the individuals involved, their time, and their reputations. In short, we care about doing things right.
Our clients include:
- Colleges and universities (Div. I, II, and III athletic directors)
- Sports foundations
- Alumni associations
- Governing bodies and sports federations
- Professional leagues and teams
- Other nonprofit charitable organizations
Our search consultants have extensive outreach and professional relationships to identify progressive, difference-making leaders. We push clients to think creatively about their leadership needs and which candidates would excel in addressing these needs. These executives must live the missions of their organizations and be adept at communications and marketing, fundraising, developing new revenue sources, and building consensus for change.
Witt/Kieffer is the only leading executive search firm exclusively serving organizations committed to improving the quality of life. We bring to our sports business clients a passion for excellence, personalized service and integrity. Integral to all the work that we do are our Leadership Solutions, a proven portfolio of tools and methodologies for assessment, executive development, onboarding, and more.
Meet our team
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo names Dan Cheney as its Chief Operating Officer. Read more.
- Case Western Reserve names Amy Backus Athletic Director. Read more.
- American Quarter Horse Association names Craig Huffhines as its Executive VP. Read more.
- Columbia University names Peter Pilling Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education. Read more.
- Lindenwood University names Brad Wachler as VP of Intercollegiate Athletics. Read more.
- Tufts University names John Morris as Athletic Director. Read more.
- University of Texas at Austin names Roy Shick as Senior Associate Athletics Director of Development for the Longhorn Foundation. Read more.
As head of the firm's Sports Leadership practice, Greg Santore specializes in recruiting college and university athletic directors as well as CEOs and other top executives for major sports foundations, associations and charities.