WittKieffer’s 2019 Days of Service
Each year, WittKieffer employees participate in Day of Service activities in which they take time out of their lives and work schedules to volunteer at charitable organizations in their communities. This is one way that WittKieffer strives to live by our mission to support organizations that improve the quality of life. In line with that mission, WittKieffer employees across the U.S. participated in Days of Service during the month of August.
Many of our efforts supported Clean the World, an organization that recycles soap and other toiletries from hotels which would traditionally end up in landfills. The items are then compiled into hygiene kits that go on to help those affected by poverty, homelessness, and humanitarian or natural crises.
Allow us to share brief snapshots of participation from employees at various locations:
- 50 employees in Oak Brook, IL assembled 300 hygiene kits which were delivered to Ronald McDonald House Charities’ Care Mobiles which provide immunizations and other healthcare services to families in Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana
- 16 employees in Oak Brook, IL saved 48 lives by donating blood in Vitalant’s “Bloodmobile”
- 6 employees in Louisville, KY assembled over 40 kits which were delivered to Volunteers of America, an organization that provides affordable housing and other assistance services to low-income individuals throughout the United States
- 6 employees in Bethesda, MD assembled over 60 kits in addition to volunteering at Food & Friends, an organization that delivers specialized, nutritious meals and groceries along with nutrition counseling to individuals facing HIV/AIDS, cancer and other life-challenging illnesses
- 9 employees in Burlington, MA assembled over 60 kits which were delivered to Burlington Youth and Family Services, an organization that provides services to improve the quality of life for Burlington families with children, adolescents and young adults
- 11 employees in Irvine, CA assembled nearly 100 kits which were donated to HomeAid Orange County, an organization that works to build new lives for homeless families and individuals through housing and community outreach
- Employees in St. Louis, MO made monetary donations to Communities in Schools
- 8 employees in Emeryville, CA teamed up with the East Bay Regional Park District to clean up one of our local shorelines
- 9 employees in Atlanta, GA assembled over 60 kits which were delivered to Honor the Homeless, an organization that works to ease human suffering through dispensing food, clothing and hygiene to the unsheltered homeless in Atlanta
During our Day of Service activities, WittKieffer employees also donated funds to Communities in Schools, an organization that brings community resources into schools to empower success for all students by removing barriers for vulnerable students at risk of dropping out.
A photo album with pictures from the activities mentioned above can be found, liked and shared here.