Phoenix Children's Hospital - Director of Communications
Phoenix Children’s Hospital is one of the ten largest children’s hospitals and care delivery in the United States. Phoenix Children’s Hospital is a 433-bed free-standing pediatric hospital with four specialty and urgent care centers and 22 outpatient treatment centers. The excellence in care has been nationally recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for nine years in a row. Phoenix Children’s Hospital continues to expand and grow rapidly in building a top children’s care delivery network throughout the Phoenix market as well as the State of Arizona.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, Communications and PR, this Director of Communications will develop the strategic internal and external communications plans that support the overall perception, knowledge and understanding of the overarching Phoenix Children’s brand with the systems various key audiences. Major areas of focus for these activities would include PCHs six centers of excellence and national reputation enhancement, providers, managed care partners and employees. This Director would have oversite of the organizations social media presence, along with internal and external communications and public relations activities. This key Director will work collaboratively with the Director of Marketing and Director of Digital to ensure that communications and marketing strategy goals are well aligned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or equivalent.
Knowledge and Work Experience
- Ten plus years of high-level strategic communications in healthcare or related industry.
- Three to five years in a management or leadership role within communications.
- Academic, health care, research and/or science experience highly desirable.
- Experience evaluating and implementing internal and multi-directional communications tools and channels.
Please direct all applications, nominations, and inquiries to Ben Haden and Melinda Morton, by clicking the buttons below or email at: PCHDirCommunications@wittkieffer.com