Connecticut State Colleges and Universities - President
The Board of Regents of the Connecticut State College & Universities (CSCU) invites nominations and applications for the position of President. The President is the Chief Executive Officer of CSCU and is responsible for the overarching leadership and management of the entire CSCU System. The CSCU System comprises 17 institutions and serves more than 80,000 students with an operating budget of $1.2 billion. The President is accountable for providing transformative leadership, focus, and strategic vision for the advancement of public higher education in the state of Connecticut.
The CSCU Board of Regents is seeking in its next President an effective leader committed to ensuring the continued transformation and success of the System. As a spokesperson for CSCU and higher education with the Governor, the General Assembly, the business community, and the public, this individual will have the opportunity to achieve the following professional and personal accomplishments:
- Lead a respected statewide System of public higher education that is in the midst of a transformation to further enhance the delivery of high quality, affordable, accessible educational opportunities.
- Oversee a diverse mix of two and four-year institutions and campuses as well as graduate education and the state’s on-line college.
- Work directly with an outstanding cohort of Presidents, Community College Campus CEOs and senior leaders who are aligned with the achievement of the collective goals of CSCU and the state.
- Collaborate regularly with Connecticut’s top elected officials and senior leaders in the private and civic sectors.
- Enhance success within the system by engaging with outstanding faculty who are leaders in their disciplines, skilled teachers and researchers, frequently in concert with students, to improve classroom learning and identify strategic solutions.
- Build recognition as an acknowledged and transformative leader in the field of higher education and participate regularly in collaborative initiatives with top leaders within higher education and in the broader communities throughout Connecticut and the region.
- Be a proven leader who manages a strong executive team, appreciates the importance of academic endeavors as key drivers for the state’s vitality, and is skilled in navigating fiscal challenges.
Nominations, expressions of interest, and applications are invited. Interested individuals should provide a letter describing their interest in and qualifications for the position and a current CV. This material should be sent to CSCU’s consultants via the candidate portal using the buttons below. This search will be conducted with respect for candidate confidentiality. To receive full consideration, applications should be received by February 5, 2021. Confidential inquiries, nominations and questions concerning this search may be sent by email to WittKieffer consultants John Thornburgh and Lucy Leske at CSCUPresident@wittkieffer.com.
The CSCU System is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans.