University of Nottingham Ningbo China - Professor and Head of the School of International Studies
About the School and University Nottingham Ningbo China:
The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was established in 2004 and was the first Sino-foreign University to open its doors in China with the full approval of the Chinese Ministry of Education. It is run by the University of Nottingham, a world top 1% university (QS Ranking), with co-operation from Zhejiang Wanli Education Group, a key player in the education sector in China. Currently the University has more than 8000 students and 850 staff members from 70 countries and regions worldwide, and the number is still growing.
The School of International Studies (IS) sits in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (FHSS) at UNNC. With 15 academic staff members from 13 different countries, IS is the most international school at UNNC. It delivers a strong interdisciplinary programme at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, including two undergraduate courses, two postgraduate taught courses and a PhD programme.
You will be expected:
- To lead, inspire and develop the School, with and through its members, to ensure it achieves the highest possible standards of excellence in all activities.
- To undertake academic leadership and managerial responsibilities within the School.
- To have a significant impact on the direction, strategy, objectives and results of the University by influencing and shaping the available resources as appropriate to meet the current and future needs of the University.
- To provide strong, inspiring and outstanding leadership to take the School to the next stage of strategic development.
- To be responsible for strategic and financial planning, teaching and learning within the School, workload planning and the School’s research culture.
- To manage staff in a cooperative and collegiate manner and will be responsible for reviewing the performance of colleagues.
We are seeking a strong leader who has:
- Proven leadership in managing a team of academics or a group of researchers.
- A substantial record of achievement in leading and managing academic activity
- A strong academic record and a recognised research or professional profile in one or more of the disciplines represented within the School.
- An outstanding track record in education. Candidates for this position will be committed to building a first-class student experience and community, putting academic standards and rigor centre-stage.
- Able to deliver a rigour and compelling vision for the School consistent with the University’s drive for excellence.
- PhD or equivalent.
Your Remuneration, Benefits and Support:
This post is available from February 2022 or as soon thereafter as possible and will initially be offered on a fixed-term substantive contract as Professor of International Studies with the University of Nottingham Ningbo China for a period of up to 5 years. This contract may be extended on an indefinite basis based on mutual agreement.
In addition to substantive academic appointment as Professor of International Studies, the successful candidate will be offered, on a fixed-term appointment for a period of up to 4 years, the appointment of Head of School. This appointment may be extended based on mutual agreement. An allowance in recognition of the additional responsibilities taken as Head of School will be offered.
UNNC are committed to providing competitive employment packages while supporting the wellbeing of our staff to help them reach their full potential. You will have access to a range of benefits and rewards, including accommodation allowance, insurances, and schooling support, home flight, relocation & repatriation support, and paid annual leave. An eligible successful candidate will be invited to apply for key talent projects in China in priority with reward of research funding and opportunities from Government.
How to Apply:
Informal enquiries and applications may be addressed to Natalie Derry at email@example.com
Applications should include:
- a full academic CV
- a cover letter which addresses the key selection criteria
Closing Date: 30 June 2021