UCLA Health System - Executive Director Strategic Marketing Services
CA, Los Angeles
Mid-Level Executive Search - Marketing/PR/Sales/Business Development
UCLA Health is seeking a progressive and dynamic marketing leader to help provide strategic direction in support of the UCLA Health brand and business development goals with a focus on the high priority service lines. The new Executive Director of Strategic Marketing Services will direct marketing strategy to competitively differentiate and build market awareness, preference, volume and revenue. In addition, lead a team of individuals including service line marketers, digital marketers, partnership marketers for high profile sports and entertainment deals, and market data analysts. The executive will work closely with vertical experts (digital, Communications, Patient Experience, IS, operations) to ensure alignment across the department and organization. The new leader must apply strong analytical thinking to evaluate market trends, healthcare utilization trends, consumer preference and marketing innovation opportunities, as well as identification and measurement of key performance indicators (KPIs). The Executive Director will provide leadership of planning exercises, and oversight of tactical objectives designed to achieve the goals of each specific strategic plan.
- Collaborate with system leaders (clinical, operational, and administrative), business development colleagues, and others to help inform service line business strategy, and ensure alignment of system and business unit goals and priorities in the development and implementation of marketing strategies and action plans.
- Facilitate market research that identifies key customers, determines their needs, brings clarity to their preferences, attitudes and desires to inform communication strategies.
- Facilitate the development and execution of marketing strategies and tactical plans to support clinical programs and the system as a whole.
- Proactively monitor the market dynamics of various service lines, including competitive activity, consumer and technology trends and other influencers. Develop specific targeted strategies and marketing plans for each service line based on business needs.
- Enhance brand awareness, creating active engagement of partnerships, members and leaders within the healthcare field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in academic medicine preferred.
Knowledge and Work Experience
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience of progressively increasing responsibility.
- Strategic, creative thinker.
- Proven leader with experience leading, motivating and inspiring effective teams.
- Demonstrated success in working with top tier national media. Deep understanding of current media trends and media landscape.
Leadership Skills and Competencies
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, high degree of diplomacy and social acumen in order to build positive relationships across the continuum of executive, internal and external audiences.
- Confident in acting as spokesperson and handling news situations, especially at a moment’s notice. Strong editorial skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to present effectively.
- Strong ability to translate medical research stories in a compelling manner that consumers can understand
- Ability to work effectively within a complex, diverse organization.
- Excellent at recruiting talent and retaining an engaged team.
Please direct all formal applications (resumes and cover letter), nominations and inquiries to Ben Haden and Kristina Paudler the Witt/Kieffer consultants supporting this search, preferably via e-mail to:
4 Park Plaza, Suite 730
Irvine, CA 92614
Phone: (424) 352-1667