Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center - Senior Director Department of Medicine
NY, New York
Mid-Level Executive Search - Other Administrative Positions
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) is one of the world’s oldest and largest premier cancer centers committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, and superb educational programs. Its purpose, as a comprehensive cancer center, is to treat and control cancer, advance biomedical knowledge through laboratory and clinical research, and to train scientists, physicians, and other health care workers.
The largest of Memorial Sloan Kettering’s clinical departments, the Department of Medicine encompasses experts in medical oncology, cardiology, dermatology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, hematology, infectious diseases, geriatrics, nephrology, pain and palliative care, and pulmonology, among other specialties. Offering a range of services both in New York City and at their suburban outpatient locations, Department of Medicine physicians oversee the care of the whole patient.
The Senior Director, Department of Medicine will lead the overall operations of the department, ensuring the highest quality of patient-centric care and appropriate, efficient provision of services and facilities. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Hospital Administration, this vital role will oversee the administrative operations of the department and lead a team of administrative leaders. This individual will also be responsible for the cardiology and pulmonary labs as well as the endoscopy and genetic counselor units, and be responsible for a budget of over $400 million.
- A Bachelor’s degree with an extensive track record of success is required. A Master’s degree is strongly preferred
- A minimum of eight years of senior leadership experience with extensive experience in practice management and/or academic operations experience
- The ability to apply broad technical, clinical or professional knowledge and significant job-related experience to function as an internal consultant and/or assume managerial responsibility in a specialized functional unit of the organization
- Information management skills to communicate, explain, interpret, share, and/or present information
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to develop, analyze and draw conclusions from financial and statistical data, as well as to prepare and monitor complex budgets
We would appreciate receiving recommendations or nominations of qualified candidates and applications of personal interest. For more information please contact us via e-mail at: